These brilliant little bites are made with good stuff and packed with flavour. Fruity crushes feature cranberries, orange juice and orange zest, making them a refreshing alternative to some of the previous raw food bars and balls I’ve posted.
Let’s be honest, if you are in the mood for a four-finger Kit Kat or a bag of M&M’s, these are not going to do it for you.
However if you’re on a roll with healthy eating and want a brighter, more interesting snack, they are perfect. They’re quick to make and because they use store cupboard ingredients, you can make them as and when you fancy.
To make 10 balls (each containing around 110 calories) you will need:
- 100 grams of cashew nuts
- 50 grams of brazil nuts
- 80 grams of dried cranberries
- 40 grams of dates
- A squeeze of orange
- Zest from half a medium orange
- Cinnamon for dusting at the end
- Blitz up all the dry ingredients.
- Then blitz up the fruity ingredients.
- Work the two sets of ingredients together by hand before adding a squeeze of orange and the zest. The amount of orange juice will probably depend on the consistency of the mixture. It needs to be firm and hold together. If crumbly add a little more juice, but not so much that the mixture becomes wet.
- Divide and roll in to 10 balls.
- At the end dust lightly with cinnamon before putting in the fridge for an hour or so to firm up.
- Store in a jar in the fridge and enjoy as and when you fancy a little something sweet.