OK it truly has gone well. We’ve been to new places, seen people we love, learnt new things and laughed a lot. We’ve also let go more than normal, barely stopped and run with less routine…
…So ROLL ON SCHOOL. I am more than happy to move into September. I like getting a tighter grip on normality and claiming back a few more moments of peace, quiet and order.
For me, week 1 of the new term is about getting BACK TO BASICS. I’m taking the first few days to replenish and nourish but also to give my digestive system and liver a bit of a break.
Here’s my favourite lean green breakfast juice. I default back to this one all the time. It’s my comfort blanket of juices and always makes me feel really good about myself. If I start the day on this one, I keep on track all day.
Using a centrifugal juicer, extract the juice from the following:
- 2 green apples
- 1/4 of a pineapple
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 lime
- About 10 mint leaves (put inside 2 chunks of pineapple to get as much juice as you can)
Then add a quarter of an avocado, blend and serve with lots of ice.
Take your time over drinking.
Quick tip: We all get mission drift from time to time. When we wake up tired or in a rush it’s easy to dodge the promise we made to ourselves the night before. It’s a good idea to prep the ingredients in the evening and seal them in sandwich bags. It means the morning job is the easy part.
To get BACK TO BASIC’S:
- Start the day with hot water and lemon
- Follow with a juice/smoothie, thinking about what’s missing from a nutrition perspective
- Exclude caffeine, alcohol and all refined sugars
- Incorporate a different juice/smoothie or a soup for lunch
- Eat a simple and light high protein evening meal.
- Don’t eat in the 3 hours before bedtime
If you try a few days of this, you’ll be feeling brighter, leaner and sleeping deeper by the end of the week. It’s a great way to get completely back in the game and fuel yourself with optimism for the next chapter ahead.
Happy new term.