This naked baking session produced the most memorable results in my kitchen this week. One minute there was relative peace and the next I had two bare bottomed urchins running around me causing havoc.
The aptly named Naked peanut butter bars were devoured before they made it to any form of storage tin. It wasn’t just the children, we all loved these. They’re oaty, crumbly, super peanuty and packed with slow releasing energy. I’m all over that at the minute. I’ve been training well and snacks like these massively help to get me through.
To make 12 of these simple peanut snacks you will need:
- 120g oats
- 100g tahini
- 100g peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
(Each one contains around 145 calories)
It’s barely a recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees F (fan setting)
- Mix everything together and press down in a baking tray or ceramic dish.
- Try get the mixture to a fairly equal depth of around 1.5cm. If you don’t fill the whole tray don’t worry, the mixture will hold together well and keep its form. Just try keep a clean edge.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until the bake turns a golden brown.
- Let the tray/dish cool for 15 minutes but not completely hard before cutting into bars and lifting from the dish.
- Enjoy as soon as they’re cool enough to eat.
God I love her…