Soup glorious soup!
The beauty of soup is that you can use what you have. This soup was originally going to be a pea and mint one, but I ended up getting some gargantuan courgettes from the Spanish supermarket and needed to blitz them into something good.
To create 3/4 servings, you will need:
- 150 g onion
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic (we are garlic monsters and always add plenty)
- 300g chopped courgette
- 500g frozen peas
- About 15 mint leaves
- 400ml – 500ml vegetable stock (add around 300ml then add more at the end if you like a thick soup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Here’s how to do it:
- Simply soften the onions and garlic in the oil, then add the other vegetables and stock.
- Simmer for a good 15/20 minutes with the pan lid on until all the ingredients are soft.
- Blitz up with the handheld or food processor
- Season as you like it and enjoy really hot
- This one is great with some shaved parmesan and ripped mint leaves on top
A 300ml portion contains approximately 125 calories (before any parmesan or extras)